Sunday, April 3, 2011

So why 98%??

I have been following style blogs lately and decided to start my own. In approximately less than 2 months I will be an official stay-at-home mommy.... I can see a future of VERY minimal shopping (sad face here) and so as early as now I am already TRYING to sober up.

So why just 98%?? Because there is no woman on earth who doesn't shop! That's why! So, that remaining 2% will be looking for good deals... and by good deals I mean $20 or less. And not 10 items worth $20 each... that is ONE item of $20 or less at most twice a month! I am already shaking just thinking about it. I mean REALLY?! When right now I can go and buy me a $300 purse (but in reality I really don't)... I've always been a wise shopper. I don't like buying retail unless it is something I cannot live without. So I ALWAYS head over to the clearance racks and find me some awesome deals. And I usually do, problem is I find way too many and end up spending more than what I originally planned. My friends say the good finds have a knack of finding their way to me. Sigh. I miss it already and I haven't even started.

I look at my closet and I see so many wonderful items. I really don't need anything else (yeah right). RIGHT??


My plan is to reuse every single item in there to satisfy my style AND minimize shoppping. Maybe, just MAYBE, I can even inspire someone out there.

Hence, sober fashionista is created. Hi, my name is Ann. I am a shopaholic (of clearance items). I have been sober for ZERO days. Clap. Clap.

5 comments:

  1. Weeeelcome Ann! Just find you via Kendi, items and prints in your closet look very interesting, can't wait to see what you'll come up with, hope you enjoy being a blogger as much as I do!

    Cess O. <3
    The Outfit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cess! Thanks! :) I think I will enjoy this... Now I am off to check out your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann! Love your blog. I too am a self-confessed shopaholic of clearance items as well. I find it such a success finding the best deal I can. Just reading your first blog inspired me already. :) I will be your avid follower from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lori! :) I am still trying to sober up LOL!

    ReplyDelete